Getting You The Maximum Settlement for Auto Accidents in Las Vegas, NV
When you’re involved in a collision, you need a Las Vegas car accident lawyer. There is no such thing as a “simple auto accident.” The moment you hear the crunch of metal and the shatter of glass, your life has entered a difficult time. You have medical bills, lost wages during recovery, car repairs, and other expenses. You need help fast. The last thing you need is an insurance company runaround. When you’ve been injured in a car accident in the Las Vegas area, don’t go it alone. Let Attorney Adam S. Kutner help you. Mr. Kutner has experience in handling these extremely delicate cases and will fight to win the justice you deserve after going through a terrible ordeal.
Causes Of Auto Accidents
While every auto accident is unique in what caused the event, there are several common causes.
- Distracted Driving. Distracted driving is becoming one of the leading causes of auto accidents. In most cases, the driver is distracted by their cell phone. However, distractions can also occur when the driver is using the radio or GPS, is looking for something in the car seat next to them, is avidly talking with passengers, or is looking at something on the side of the road.
- Unsafe Road Conditions. Road conditions can change quickly with the weather and lead to driver error. Also, construction zones and traffic jams can also lead to unsafe road conditions and accidents.
- Driving Under The Influence. Drivers who have been consuming alcohol or other substances can be very dangerous on the road. Decision making and response skills are often slow, and their judgment can be impaired. A lot of accidents occur when one driver is under the influence.
- Reckless Driving. The driver of the other car may have acted recklessly while driving. This could include weaving in and out of traffic, excessive speeds, or even dangerous turns.
- Malfunctioning Equipment. Sometimes an accident occurs due to a manufacturers defect in the automobile.
- Regardless of the reason, it’s important to know exactly what to do after an accident.
Of course, there are many other reasons that an accident can occur, and if you were injured in an employer vehicle, you may also be eligible for worker’s compensation.
What if a Manufacturer’s Defect Caused The Injury?
If you have been involved in a car accident and a portion of your injuries were caused by a defective product in the automobile, you may have a secondary case to seek compensation. In recent years, many people have experienced additional injuries during an accident that are caused by the air bag system. Excessive force used during deployment has sent shrapnel into the passenger area, often causing serious injuries.
Other manufacturer defects have also resulted in causing car accidents. Some of these other defects include stuck acceleration pedals, brake system failures, ignition switches shutting off while in motion, and master computer failure while the car is in motion.
Many of these items are currently under recall, but this does not absolve the manufacturers from responsibility. Your attorney will be able to determine if any of your injuries were related to a manufacturer defect, and if so, if you are entitled to seek compensation.
Speak To An Attorney First
One of the most important things you should remember when you have been involved in a car accident is to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. To protect your rights, you will need legal advice before you speak to the insurance company and provide a statement of the event.
Insurance companies have become very aggressive in contacting victims of accidents quickly after the event. It is their belief that quick contact helps them settle cases faster and that this is beneficial to the victim. In reality, they try to push for a quick settlement before the victim even realizes all of the losses they have incurred or the severity of their injury. This is why it is imperative to speak to an attorney as soon as possible after the event to protect your rights.
If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident and is uninsured, make sure to learn how that can change things.
Las Vegas Auto Accidents – Free Consultation
If you have experienced the pain of an unexpected Las Vegas auto accident, contact us at Adam S. Kutner immediately for a free consultation. You can call us at 382.0000, or click here for your free online evaluation.