Adam S. Kutner is the #1 Injury Attorney Serving Las Vegas
1137 S Rancho Dr #150A, Las Vegas, NV 89102
11201 S Eastern Av #210, Henderson, NV 89052

What If I Cannot Contact the Property Manager After a Slip and Fall Injury?

Slip and fall injuries are some of the most common accidents, and as painful and disabling as any other injury you may suffer. When you have a slip and fall injury on a commercial property, there are a few things that you need to do beyond seeking medical care and consulting an attorney. Here’s how to proceed if you have suffered an injury on someone else’s property and want to know what to do.

Who Is Responsible for My Injury?

If you suffer an injury on someone else’s property, particularly a commercial property such as an office building, casino, or hotel, the property owner may be liable for your injury. To prove that the owner is liable, you as the claimant will need to show that:

  • There was a hazardous condition on the property
  • The owner knew or reasonably should have known about the hazardous condition that caused your injury
  • That no steps were taken before you were injured to correct the condition
  • That you were injured by the condition

For instance, suppose you are at a hotel, and a flight of stairs from the main floor to the balcony has a loose railing. You start to climb up to the balcony, the railing gives way, and you fall. To prove the property owner was negligent, you will have to show that the owner or their manager knew about the loose railing and that it was never repaired before you fell.

In this case, you would need to notify the staff at the hotel, specifically the property manager. The property manager is the owner’s agent and acts on behalf of the owner in overseeing the property. Property managers may have different names depending on the type of property, and may be the manager, the director, or be a management company with an onsite officer.

In some cases, the property manager may be personally liable for any injuries and may be sued directly for their negligence. This is something that you need to discuss with your attorney.

Why Should I Tell the Property Manager?

The property manager is the one who stands in for the owner of a commercial property. The property manager will be the one who orders repairs, has warning signs placed, and keeps the property safe for visitors and guests.

If you have been hurt because of a hazard on the property, the first person who is liable for the condition is the property manager. They will need to communicate with the owner and file their own insurance claim. Adam S. Kutner Accident & Injury Attorneys recommends that once you have notified the property manager of the injury, you contact an attorney, and don’t discuss the matter further with that individual.

What If I Cannot Locate the Property Manager?

If the manager is not on the property, you should get the name and phone number so that your attorney can contact them as soon as possible. The property manager may be the person who will be served any legal paperwork and will need to be interviewed regarding the condition of the building, including the hazardous condition.

Sometimes, property managers will deliberately attempt to avoid someone who has been injured on their property. In that case, do not worry. There are other ways to locate them, and at Adam S. Kutner Accident & Injury Attorneys, we know how to accomplish this. Your only concern should be to obtain their name and contact information if possible.

If you are unable to get even that information, your case can still move forward. The property manager is not absolutely needed at this point for your claim to be filed. As long as you have the basic information, your attorney can obtain the rest of the information.

However, if it seems that the property manager is dodging you, let your attorney know right away. This may indicate something else is going on, and your attorney should know so that they can begin litigation if necessary.

Contact Us

Whether you are on vacation, at an office, or visiting a friend’s apartment, slip and fall injuries are common and painful. If the injury is due to the property owner’s negligence, you should be able to recover the compensation you deserve without undue trouble. Contact Adam S. Kutner Accident & Injury Attorneys’s Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers at (702) 382-0000 or contact us online for a free confidential consultation. We can relieve some of your worries and explain what needs to be done even if you cannot locate the manager or the owner of the building. Call today for our help.