Henderson Car Accident Attorney
If you have ever been in a car accident before, you are well aware of the harrowing and frightening experience that it can be. On top of the personal injuries that you might have suffered, there are a range of emotions that will swirl around you all at once. There are the car repairs to worry about, your job, how you will financially be able to take care of your family, and so much more. Of course, this is all compounded if the accident was not your fault in the first place. Regardless of the circumstances, you will want to consult with a Henderson car accident attorney in order to protect your legal and financial rights.
Speak to a Car Accident Lawyer First
One of the most important things you should remember when you have been involved in a car accident is to speak to a Henderson injury attorney as soon as possible. To protect your rights, you will need legal advice before you speak to the insurance company and provide a statement of the event. Insurance companies have become very aggressive in contacting victims of accidents quickly after the event. It is their belief that quick contact helps them settle cases faster and that this is beneficial to the victim. In reality, they try to push for a quick settlement before the victim even realizes all of the losses they have incurred or the severity of their injury. This is why it is imperative to speak to an accident attorney as soon as possible after the event to protect your rights. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident and is uninsured, make sure to learn the legal and financial risks for uninsured drivers.
What Are the Causes of Auto Accidents?
- Distracted Driving
- Unsafe Road Conditions
- Driving Under the Influence
- Reckless Driving
- Malfunctioning Equipment
These are just some of the many causes of an automobile accident. No matter what the cause of the accident might have been, it can nonetheless result in a life-changing event. Because of this, you will want to contact a Henderson car accident attorney right away in order to get back on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
Proving Fault After a Car Accident
With that in mind, there are some things that you can do after an accident that may help your case in the end. Remember that the most important thing is to first attend to the immediate needs of yourself and any passengers that you might have had in the vehicle. If you are ok to proceed, you will want to take down some quick notes about the accident. This is made easier if you have a smartphone, as most come with a digital recorder that you can just talk into. Try to rehash everything that happened leading up to the accident, as your memory will tend to fade over time. You will also want to take pictures and video of the accident scene. Do not worry about whether or not the pictures are relevant. Your attorney will go through them later. Then, collect the contact information from the other party and any witnesses, if possible. This will help your attorney as they seek to make sure that the correct determination of fault is made in the end.
Questions to Ask a Car Accident Attorney
- Do you have experience handling cases like mine?
- What is your fee structure?
- How long does it typically take to see a resolution?
- Who will be handling my case?
- What will my role in the case be?
Make sure that you are comfortable with the answers that you receive to each question that you ask of your attorney. If you are still confused about any matter, you will want to ask for clarification. Remember that your lawyer is working for you. If he or she is not willing to take the time that is necessary to answer your questions and put your mind at ease, then it might be a sign that you need to look elsewhere.
Do I Need an Attorney After a Car Accident
In most cases, you will want to have an attorney working on your case after a car accident. There are simply too many variables involved to handle on your own. Remember that you will have a host of personal matters that you need to attend to after the accident, not the least of which is focusing on your own recovery and taking care of your family. You do not want the added hassle of dealing with the legal aspects of a car accident hanging over you as well.
Your lawyer will deal with the insurance companies so that you do not even have to field their phone calls. You will also receive assistance with getting your car repaired or replaced, medical bills deferred, and so much more. In other words, your attorney works for you and will do what it takes to see that your case is brought to a successful resolution as soon as possible. This is a service that you do not want to be without.
It is important to have a Henderson car accident attorney working on your case as soon after the incident occurs as possible. Contact our office for a free consultation. We will go over the particulars of your case and then advise you of the best course of action to pursue moving forward. It will be our pleasure to answer any questions that you might have about the process. Contact us via email or phone today to schedule this free case evaluation.
Injured in a Car Accident? Get a Free Consultation
If you have experienced the pain of an unexpected Henderson auto accident, contact Adam S. Kutner immediately for a free consultation. You can call us at (702) 382-0000, or click here for your free online evaluation.
Additional Car Accident Resources & FAQs:
Dealing with Doctors & Insurance
- Does Medical Insurance Cover Car Accidents?
- Can I File an Insurance Claim Without a Police Report?
- How a Car Accident Could Affect Your Insurance Policy
- Do You Have Enough Car Insurance?
- Guide to Reporting Car Accidents to Insurance Companies
- Soft Tissue Injuries After a Car Accident
- Exploring the Vehicle Damage Claim Process
- How Insurance Companies Inspect Accident Claims
Auto Accident FAQs
- Timeline of an Auto Accident Claim
- What to Do if Car Accident Injuries Don’t Show Up Immediately
- 10 Common Mistakes Made After an Auto Accident
- Should You Report a Minor Car Accident?
- What to Do If Your Car is Totaled After an Accident
- What Happens If You Leave The Scene of A Car Accident?
- What to Know About Distracted Driving Car Accidents
- Passenger Injuries After An Auto Accident
- Witness Credibility in a Car Accident Claim
- Collecting a Car Accident Settlement or Judgment
- How to Get Compensation for Repairs After a Car Accident
Car Accident Law Concepts
- How to Establish Fault After a Car Accident
- Liability After an Auto Accident Due to Poor Quality Roads
- What Happens if You’re in an Accident in a Company Car?
- Can You Be Liable for Another Person’s Driving?
- What to Know About Single Car Accidents & Liability
- Determining Car Accident Fault By Location of Damage
- Determining Fault in a Rear-End Collision
- Parking Lot Car Accidents and Fault
- Nevada’s Modified Comparative Negligence Rule
- What is Diminished Value After a Car Accident?
Car Accidents Involving Uber, Lyft, Taxis, Leases & Rentals
- Nevada Ride-Sharing Accident Laws & Liability
- Las Vegas Rental Car Accidents & Liability
- Car Accidents Involving Leased Cars
- Las Vegas Uber Car Accidents
- Las Vegas Lyft Car Accidents
- Las Vegas Taxi Car Accidents