START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN!
Car accidents happen daily, but it doesn’t feel like a common occurrence when you’re in one. At best, it’s an inconvenience that costs you time while you check your vehicle for damage. All too often, however, car accidents cause severe injuries, extensive property damage, and emotional turmoil. It’s entirely understandable for you to feel stressed and anxious after a car accident and to be unsure about all the steps you need to take.
Talking to an experienced auto accident attorney can help restore your peace of mind. Your auto injury lawyer will explain what you need to do after a car accident and how they can help after a Summerlin car accident.
Is it worth hiring an lawyer for a car accident?
When you hire a Summerlin car accident lawyer, you’re hiring a legal advocate who’ll fight for your rights after a car accident. Car accident attorneys have extensive legal knowledge about car accidents and victims’ rights. They understand how frustrating and frightening a car accident can be and will take the time to answer your questions, explain your options, and ensure you know your rights after your accident.
Your car wreck lawyer will prepare your paperwork and file your claim. They’ll gather evidence and witness statements to support your claim. Auto injury lawyers are familiar with traffic laws and case precedents and can use this information to support your car accident claim. Your Summerlin lawyer will also negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party and their insurance company.
Some people are nervous about consulting a lawyer because they’re worried about legal fees. However, when you hire Adam S. Kutner, Injury Attorneys, you’ll receive a free consultation and only pay for legal services once we win your case. We charge contingency fees, which means you only pay if we win, and we take a percentage of your settlement, so you never have to worry about paying out of pocket for your legal expenses.
What would you have to do to get compensation for your Summerlin accident if you don’t hire a lawyer?
Some car accident victims accept settlement offers from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Insurance companies usually start by offering less than the amount the accident victim should receive. That offer may not account for all the accident-related expenses the victim can expect.
To receive a fair settlement, you’d need to take the following steps:
- Investigate your accident
- Gather evidence and witness statements
- Prepare legal paperwork
- File your case
- Serve the defendant
- Attend settlement conferences
- Negotiate with the insurance company
Some insurance companies are willing to negotiate a fair settlement without a trial. If you can’t negotiate a settlement, you’ll have a trial to seek a judgment.
Trials involve appearing in court, presenting evidence, and questioning witnesses. If you don’t hire an attorney, you’ll have to handle these tasks yourself. You may have to learn how to subpoena witnesses and familiarize yourself with court procedures to ensure you follow the procedures during court and protect your legal rights.
Since lawyers are familiar with trial proceedings and court procedures, they know how to argue against objections from the defense and ensure the jury considers your evidence. They also have experience questioning defense witnesses to ensure their testimony benefits your claims instead of theirs.
Why you need compensation after a car accident
Injury lawsuits allow accident victims to receive fair compensation for how the accident affects their lives.
You can seek reimbursement for property damage costs. Suppose your vehicle was totaled in the accident. You can fight to have the at-fault party’s insurance company cover the cost of replacing your vehicle. You can also seek reimbursement for other property costs if electronics or other valuables were damaged or destroyed.
Car accidents injured 2,282,000 people in the United States in 2020. While some accident victims suffer minor injuries, common car accident injuries include severe injuries, such as the following:
- Amputation: It’s possible to lose digits or limbs in an accident
- Broken bones: Broken bones can affect your mobility. Severe breaks may require months of treatment to heal.
- Burns: Some accident victims suffer from burns, which can be severe and life-threatening
- Internal injuries: Accident victims may suffer from internal bleeding or damaged organs
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs): Severe SCIs can cause short-term or permanent mobility issues. Severe SCIs can cause paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): TBIs are common because a concussion is a TBI. Severe TBIs can cause seizure disorders, sleep apnea, or permanent brain damage.
Car accident victims can struggle with emotional and mental health challenges. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affects approximately 39% of car accident victims. PTSD symptoms can include the following:
- Avoiding places and people associated with the accident
- Difficulty concentrating
- Emotional detachment from friends and family
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Losing interest in favorite activities
- Memory loss
- Reliving the accident
- Self-destructive behavior
People with PTSD may need months of therapy. Although it can take up to three years of therapy to resolve symptoms, those who don’t seek treatment often suffer for almost twice as long. Accident victims can seek compensation for therapy costs, ensuring they receive the support they need to address PTSD or other mental health issues related to their accident, such as anxiety, depression, or accident-related phobias.
How much compensation could you receive after a Summerlin car accident?
Settlement amounts vary because there are multiple factors to consider. An accident victim with more property damage and medical bills can seek more monetary damages, which offer compensation for accident expenses. Bills and anticipated costs you can seek from monetary damages include the following:
- Childcare costs
- Medical expenses
- Property damage costs
- Therapy bills
- Transportation fees
You can also seek non-monetary damages for the pain and suffering you experience after an accident. These damages compensate for personal distress resulting from your accident, such as grief, impact on your quality of life, loss of intimacy, and trauma.
Are you more likely to be in a car accident in Summerlin?
Summerlin is close to Las Vegas, and many residents commute to work. Summerlin lacks the public transit system that the city enjoys, which means residents have limited transportation options and are more likely to use personal vehicles for transportation, increasing their chances of being in a car accident.
What to do after a car accident
Taking the right steps after a car accident can help you avoid mistakes and protect you from legal and financial issues. After an accident, you should do the following:
- Check for injuries: Check the physical condition of all involved in the accident
- Call the police: You must report the accident immediately if anyone’s injured or if there’s extensive property damage
- Provide medical help: If possible, provide first aid. Call for an ambulance to ensure all injured parties receive medical care.
- Exchange information: Give other drivers your name, contact information, vehicle registration number, insurance information, and driver’s license number. Collect this information from other drivers.
- Create records: Make notes about relevant details about the accident. Take photos and videos, so you have physical evidence that can be used to support your injury claim. Get the contact information for witnesses.
- Seek medical care: You may have serious injuries even if you feel fine right after the accident. Hairline fractures, internal injuries, and soft-tissue injuries like whiplash may not have immediate symptoms. A medical exam can determine whether you have accident injuries and ensure prompt treatment.
- Talk to an attorney: An attorney will remind you of your legal obligations, such as staying at the accident scene. They’ll also advise you of your rights, remind you not to take the blame for the accident, and explain what questions from the police you do and do not need to answer.
Do auto accident cases typically go to trial?
It’s usually possible to negotiate a settlement without going to trial. Your attorney can persuade insurance companies that it’s more cost-effective for them to offer a reasonable settlement than it is to fight the case in court.
How Summerlin car accident lawyer can help
Our experienced Summerlin car accident attorneys will fight for you to receive justice after an accident. We’ll prepare the legal paperwork and help calculate the damages you deserve. We’ll handle all the investigative and legal matters while you recover and keep you informed until you receive a fair settlement.
Adam S. Kutner is a top 100 trial lawyer with 32 years’ experience and expertise that will benefit you
Call us at (702) 382-0000 anytime to schedule a free consultation. We will work to get you the maximum settlement as quickly as possible so you can move forward on your healing journey.
START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN!
Home visits are available
Call now for details
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Adam S. Kutner
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
With more than 32 years of experience fighting for victims of personal injury in the Las Vegas Valley, attorney Adam S. Kutner knows his way around the Nevada court system and how to get clients their settlement promptly and trouble-free.