The Las Vegas Truck Accident Attorney
Auto accidents involving tractor-trailer trucks often have devastating results. With their large size and freight loads, even a relatively ‘minor’ accident can leave victims injured or lead to wrongful death.
Involvement in a semi-truck accident can be catastrophic to the people in the passenger vehicle. The size and weight of the truck itself is enough to cause significant injuries to the people in the smaller vehicle. Sadly, many of these accidents often involve at least one death in the passenger vehicle.
Truck accident lawsuits present a unique set of considerations including complications with the truck carrier/company insurance companies, and attorneys representing the truck company. There are many differences between car and truck accidents.
There are many reasons why a truck accident might occur. Some of the more common reasons include:
- The driver is rushing to meet a tight delivery deadline
- The driver is tired due to driving for long periods
- The driver is stressed and tired, not paying enough attention to other driver and the road
- It is difficult to see blind spots from a large truck
- The driver does not leave enough space for his giant vehicle between other vehicles
- Mechanical failure and defective components
- Overloading of the truck
- Inadequate training as to driving technique, safety concerns, and defensive driving
Other Causes Of Trucking Accidents
Trucking accidents can be quite complicated and it is very important for injured parties to seek legal representation from an experienced trucking accident attorney. Semi-trucks are not ony regulated on a state level, they also are regulated on a federal level. It is important that your attorney understands all of these additional regulations.
Another thing that must be addressed in a trucking accident is the person at fault for the event. In many cases, there may be several entities that are responsible for the accident. For example, if the truck accident was the result of mechanical failure the trucking company may be responsible for failing to provide adequate maintenance or the maintenance company may be to blame for not providing adequate work.
Because this can become very complicated in establishing fault, it is essential for the victims of a trucking accident to seek competent representation by an attorney who is familiar with these cases.
Avoiding Accidents With Semi Trucks
With nearly 11 million semi-trucks registered to operate in the United States, it is also very important for the driver of passenger vehicles to remember how to safely share the road with these trucks.
- Never tailgate a truck. It is an urban legend that riding close to a truck will reduce the amount of gas that you use in your car. Tailgating is very dangerous and can lead to a catastrophic accident if the truck stops abruptly. This type of event usually leads to a car going under the back of the truck.
- Look for their side mirror. If you can see the person driving the truck in the reflection of their side view mirror, they can also see you. Drivers need to be able to see your car behind them to remain safe.
- Trucks make wide right turns. Always avoid going up next to a truck on the right hand side when they are turning.
- Avoid quick stops in front of a large truck. The truck needs more stopping room than a regular passenger vehicle because of the size and weight of their vehicle. Quick stops can result in a truck jackknifing.
Free Consultations for Truck Accident Victims
When you’ve been involved in a truck accident, you need someone who is well versed in the letter of the law in these cases. You need an experienced attorney on your side.
The truck accident attorneys at Adam S. Kutner have the expertise and experience to handle these catastrophic accidents and their resulting injuries. Simply click here for your free online evaluation. We can also assist with worker’s comp issues related to truck accidents.