Summerlin Car Accident Attorneys
More than 50,000 automobile accidents occur in Nevada every year, incurring an average of more than $19,000 in damages and injuries. An average of 80% of those accidents occurs on Clark County roadways. Sin City is located in Clark County and as one of the world’s major tourist destinations, an abundance of travelers causes the increased percentage of automobile accidents occurring in the area. As a Summerlin resident, you’re at an increased risk of becoming involved in an accident due to the close proximity of Las Vegas. Make sure to call a car accident lawyer if you’re involved in an accident. It is terrifying to go through such an ordeal alone!
Speak to a Car Accident Lawyer First
One of the most important things you should remember when you have been involved in a car accident is to speak to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. To protect your rights, you will need legal advice before you speak to the insurance company and provide a statement of the event. Insurance companies have become very aggressive in contacting victims of accidents quickly after the event. It is their belief that quick contact helps them settle cases faster and that this is beneficial to the victim. In reality, they try to push for a quick settlement before the victim even realizes all of the losses they have incurred or the severity of their injury. This is why it is imperative to speak to an accident attorney as soon as possible after the event to protect your rights. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident and is uninsured, make sure to learn the legal and financial risks for uninsured drivers.
Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents?
It is tempting to put the pedal to the metal and see just how fast you can speed down the road but in doing so, you’re putting your life on the line, as well as the life of so many other people sharing the roadways with you. Many people assume that driving a few miles over the speed limit to rush to their destination isn’t a big deal but the truth is that it is one of the riskiest things that you can do when driving. Speed limits are in place for your safety, not in an effort to stop your fun. Adhere to speed limits, remembering to slow down during inclement weather, and stay safe when you have somewhere to be.
Distracted driving is the cause of one in five accidents that occur in Clark County. The number of drivers receiving tickets for distracted driving seems to increase every year and the state, like many others, has imposed a ban on using a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle in an effort to reduce the number of accidents. Of course, cell phone usage is only one of the ways a driver may become distracted. Applying makeup, eating, talking to passengers in the vehicle, reading books, or looking for items that you’ve dropped in the car are additional examples of distracted driving. Always keep your eyes on the road when you’re driving. Pull to the side of the road if there is an activity that just cannot wait until you arrive at your destinations
Unsafe Road Conditions
Rain is one example of an unsafe road condition that contributes to more auto accidents than normal. Leave a bit earlier than usual when it is raining and do not hesitate to pull over to the side of the road if the rain restricts vision. It is better to be safe than to be sorry. Your life is worth a few extra minutes of your time. Other unsafe road conditions include improperly placed road signs, defective traffic lights, missing road signs, damaged roads, and trees blocking signs, among numerous others. If an accident occurs as result of an unsafe road condition, it is imperative that you speak to a car accident attorney during a free case evaluation to learn the next steps best for you to take in your matter.
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
More than 1,300 people were arrested and charged with DUI in Clark County in 2014 and about 170 accidents involved alcohol or drugs the very same year. A total of 23 people were killed as a result of these accidents. Although the DUI-related incidents in Clark County are declining, this is one of the biggest causes of car accidents today and takes far too many lives in its wake. It is never okay to get behind the wheel of an automobile after consuming alcoholic beverages or when using illegal or prescription drugs. It is illegal to do so and can result in a trip to jail in addition to causing an accident. Even when you feel okay to drive, it is probably unsafe and puts so many lives at risk. Do not take that risk and make sure to phone an attorney if your life has been turned upside down as the result of such a driver.
If You Are Injured In a Car Accident in Summerlin
If you have been injured in a drunk driving accident, you do not have to worry about collecting all of this information. If you are injured, you must:
- Call 911 and report the accident and request medical assistance.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Do not delay, even if the injuries seem minor.
- Provide only the necessary information to the police so that they can file their report. Never admit to being at fault, even if it is partial fault. Let the accident recreation experts determine fault.
- Speak to an attorney before you speak to the insurance company to protect your rights.
It is very important that you speak to a Summerlin injury attorney before you speak to the insurance company about your accident or injuries. It has become common practice for insurance companies to seek closure on a case before the extent of the injuries has even been determined. To protect your rights, speak to an attorney and allow them to represent your interests to the insurance company handling the claim.
Injured in a Summerlin Car Accident? Get a Free Consultation
Whether you’ve been involved in an accident caused by one of the above factors or by something completely different, it is imperative to speak to a Summerlin car accident attorney about your case. Never settle with the insurance company before consulting with an attorney. Far too often the insurance company offers a settlement amount that adds insult to injury, leaving the injured party with bills left to pay. When a car accident attorney is by your side, you’ll receive money for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other compensation that you deserve. An accident attorney understands how terribly this tragedy turns your life upside down. They work diligently to ensure that justice is served.
If you have experienced the pain of an unexpected Summerlin auto accident, contact Adam S. Kutner immediately for a free consultation. You can call us at (702) 382-0000, or click here for your free online evaluation.
Additional Car Accident Resources & FAQs:
Dealing with Doctors & Insurance
- Does Medical Insurance Cover Car Accidents?
- Can I File an Insurance Claim Without a Police Report?
- How a Car Accident Could Affect Your Insurance Policy
- Do You Have Enough Car Insurance?
- Guide to Reporting Car Accidents to Insurance Companies
- Soft Tissue Injuries After a Car Accident
- Exploring the Vehicle Damage Claim Process
- How Insurance Companies Inspect Accident Claims
Auto Accident FAQs
- Timeline of an Auto Accident Claim
- What to Do if Car Accident Injuries Don’t Show Up Immediately
- 10 Common Mistakes Made After an Auto Accident
- Should You Report a Minor Car Accident?
- What to Do If Your Car is Totaled After an Accident
- What Happens If You Leave The Scene of A Car Accident?
- What to Know About Distracted Driving Car Accidents
- Passenger Injuries After An Auto Accident
- Witness Credibility in a Car Accident Claim
- Collecting a Car Accident Settlement or Judgment
- How to Get Compensation for Repairs After a Car Accident
Car Accident Law Concepts
- How to Establish Fault After a Car Accident
- Liability After an Auto Accident Due to Poor Quality Roads
- What Happens if You’re in an Accident in a Company Car?
- Can You Be Liable for Another Person’s Driving?
- What to Know About Single Car Accidents & Liability
- Determining Car Accident Fault By Location of Damage
- Determining Fault in a Rear-End Collision
- Parking Lot Car Accidents and Fault
- Nevada’s Modified Comparative Negligence Rule
- What is Diminished Value After a Car Accident?
Car Accidents Involving Uber, Lyft, Taxis, Leases & Rentals
- Nevada Ride-Sharing Accident Laws & Liability
- Las Vegas Rental Car Accidents & Liability
- Car Accidents Involving Leased Cars
- Las Vegas Uber Car Accidents
- Las Vegas Lyft Car Accidents
- Las Vegas Taxi Car Accidents