Have you unfortunately been hurt in a motorcycle accident or searching for a ‘motorcycle accident lawyer near me’? Let our motorcycle accident attorneys help you. Whether your injuries are minor or severe, we understand how difficult this experience can be. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers specialize in helping to win claims and receive maximum compensation so you can move forward with your life. We’ll handle the legal aspects as you focus your attention on healing.
Our firm also specializes in auto accidents. So, whether you need a motorcycle crash or car accident lawyer, we will hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries. Contact us for a free case evaluation today.
START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN!
Our focus is on helping you get justice
When you need the best motorcycle accident lawyers for your case, our experienced attorneys are ready to help. We’ve helped thousands of victims, and our skilled Las Vegas legal team understands and respects motorcyclists; we know what it takes to win your case so you get the justice you deserve.
When you’re a motorcycle accident victim, you have the same rights to financial compensation as all other car accident victims. It doesn’t make a difference that you’re a motorcyclist. Don’t let the insurance company convince you that you don’t have rights. All victims deserve a fair payment, whatever their injuries may be. Let our experts fight on your behalf to get the financial relief you need now.
What we can do for you after a motorcycle accident
As a motorcycle accident victim, there are specific things you need to do to make sure you get fair payment for your damages. Our team goes above and beyond to get results, so leave the legal aspects to us and focus on getting better after your accident. Your well-being is the most important thing. Here are some of the services we may provide in each case:
Our legal team can help you after sustaining a motorcycle accident injury
- Thorough investigation into the cause of the accident and where the legal fault lies
- Experience in motorcycle accident law; explanation of the law in terms that you can understand
- Determination of the total amount of compensation you deserve
- Referrals to medical professionals who can document the severity of your injuries
- Taking steps to begin the legal process, including drafting the summons and complaint
- Preparation of legal motions; responses from the other side
- Speaking on your behalf in court
- Dealing with the insurance companies, contacting witnesses
- Attendance at mediation; conducting settlement negotiations
- Finalization of judgment; collection of your payment on your behalf
- Explaining each step to you in the process and working with you to build your case
Every motorcycle accident case is unique, just like every accident victim. Our team carefully crafts your compensation claim. We work hard to build your case and choose the appropriate legal strategy so you can focus solely on your recovery.
We want you to have confidence in what we do for you, so we ensure you are involved and informed at every step.
FAQs about motorcycle accident claims
What types of damages can I recover by bringing a motorcycle accident claim?
After a motorcycle accident, you can win compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages could include:
- medical expenses
- lost wages
- physical rehabilitation
- property damage
Non-economic damages include:
- pain and suffering
- mental distress
- loss of enjoyment of life
We help you claim every type of damage available to you to maximize your settlements and get the compensation you deserve.
Is Nevada an at-fault state for motorcycle accident claims?
Yes, Nevada is an at-fault state for motorcycle accident claims. That means you can win compensation no matter how severe your injuries are. Any time someone else causes an accident and you have injuries, you may receive financial compensation. Nevada law does not require you to make a claim to your own insurance before seeking payment from the responsible party.
Do motorcyclists have the same rights as other motorists in Nevada?
Yes, motorcyclists have the same rights as other motorists in Nevada. Motorcyclists have the right to use the road entirely and with the same protections as other drivers. Whenever an accident occurs due to someone else’s negligence, the victim has a legal claim. There is no difference in legal standing, no matter what vehicle the person is driving.
What are the standards to win a motorcycle accident lawsuit in Nevada?
To win a motorcycle accident lawsuit in Nevada, you must prove that the other party caused the accident. Causing an accident usually means violating a traffic law, but not always. A driver is negligent any time their driving fails to meet standards of reasonable behavior on the roads. If the accident occurs because of another driver’s actions, you can win your motorcycle accident lawsuit in Nevada.
If I wasn’t wearing a helmet, can I still win a motorcycle accident lawsuit in Nevada?
Yes. If you weren’t wearing a helmet, you could still win a motorcycle accident lawsuit in Nevada. The amount you receive may be reduced because you didn’t wear a helmet. However, as long as the other party’s actions contribute to the crash, you can likely recover some compensation for your injuries. Nevada uses a system of comparative negligence to apportion fault and determine how to resolve the claim.
Do you offer free consultations for motorcycle accident victims?
Yes! Our motorcycle accident attorneys offer free consultations to all accident victims. It’s okay if you don’t know the strengths of your case or what your case is worth. Just come with your story and any questions that you have. A consultation lets you learn about your case and what our attorneys can do for you. We’re taking new cases. Call us today to begin right away!
Related Article: Treating Road Rash from Motorcycle Accidents
Things you should know about motorcycle accidents
Involvement in a motorcycle accident is a frightening, confusing experience for anybody. The following procedures are general guidelines you should follow:
- Stop immediately: Do not leave the scene. If there are no injuries, move vehicles out of the flow of traffic.
- Check for injuries: do not assume that a lack of a visible injury means a person is not hurt.
- Call the police: a motorcycle accident should be reported to the proper authorities, and the report may be helpful later in determining fault and receiving your due compensation.
- Exchange information: write down the name, address, phone number, insurance information, etc., of the person(s) who were involved in the incident.
Nevada motorcycle resources
Because motorcycle accidents can lead to traumatic injuries, the state of Nevada has implemented additional laws concerning the operation of motorcycles in the state. All motorcyclists are required to obey all traffic laws in the state, just like passenger vehicles. However, the following laws apply additionally to the operation of a motorcycle:
- Motorcycle drivers are required to have a Class M Driver’s license issued by the state of Nevada to operate a motorcycle of any size
- Motorcycle drivers and their passengers are required to wear helmets at all times when the vehicle is in operation
- Motorcycle drivers and their passengers are required to wear protective eyewear or face shields unless the motorcycle is equipped with a windshield
- Motorcycles may not share a lane with another motorcycle or other type of vehicle
- Motorcycles may not skip through traffic by riding in-between lanes when traffic is stopped
- Motorcycles must be equipped with at least one headlight. Motorcycles may not have more than two headlights in place.
- Motorcycle lights must be large enough to be seen from a distance of 500 feet
- Motorcycle brake lights must be bright enough to be seen from a distance of 300 feet
- Motorcycles must have a rear reflector
- All motorcycles must have working front and back brakes
- Every motorcycle manufactured after 1973 must have electric working turn signals on the front and back of the vehicle
- Motorcycles must be equipped with side-view mirrors on both sides of the bike
- Motorcycles must have fenders over the rear and front wheels
- Every motorcycle must have a horn and a muffler system
best law firm
best Customer Service
Building your case
Winning top compensation for you doesn’t happen by chance. Our team has over 33 years of experience helping victims. With thorough knowledge of the law, we put our expertise to work for our clients.
At our first meeting, we learn all we can about you and your unfortunate accident. We interview witnesses, look for more witnesses, gather video evidence, and take photos. Our team also helps ensure you have the medical records to justify compensation. We use legal tactics to gather information from uncooperative witnesses and people who don’t want to produce documents voluntarily. Lastly, we handle all communications on your behalf.
Throughout your case, we look for opportunities to maximize your compensation. It’s vital for our Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys to stay one step ahead. When it’s time to negotiate your settlement or it’s time to begin your trial, we’re prepared to fight for your justice. We always ensure you know what to expect so you don’t have to worry about the unknown.
Protecting your rights
Victims of motorcycle accidents have the same rights as any other injury victim. It is an urban legend that insurance companies do not cover motorcycle accidents because of the risk of operating one of these vehicles. Let us reassure you that you have the same rights to compensation as any other injury victim.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you should contact an attorney experienced in these cases. Your lawyer will protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Motorcycle Accident Case Testimonial
“Great experience, definitely was the fastest settlement. Staff was very friendly through the whole process always kindly answered my questions. Will recommend to my friends and family! Also a lot of beautiful girls at this firm all professional & well educated.”
Adam S. Kutner is a top 100 trial lawyer with 33 years’ experience and expertise that will benefit you
Call us at (702) 382-0000 anytime to schedule a free consultation. We will work to get you the maximum settlement as quickly as possible so you can move forward on your healing journey.
START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN!
Home visits are available
Call now for details
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Adam S. Kutner
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
With more than 33 years of experience fighting for victims of personal injury in the Las Vegas Valley, attorney Adam S. Kutner knows his way around the Nevada court system and how to get clients their settlement promptly and trouble-free.