The best boat accident lawyer in Las Vegas
If you’ve unfortunately been in a boating accident on Lake Mead or any of the waterways around Las Vegas, you need an experienced Las Vegas boat injury attorney on your side.
Accidents are overwhelming even when you don’t suffer from injuries, so let us guide you through the process and everything you need to know so you can put yourself first and focus on your healing. We’ll handle the rest.
In 2006, there were approximately 300,000 boats registered in the state of Nevada.
Nationwide, hundreds of people die yearly in recreational boating collisions. In 2000, there were 10,984 water vessels involved in 7,740 recreational boating accidents resulting in 701 fatalities and 4,355 injuries.
You may have the right to financial compensation if you’re hurt in a boating crash. Our skilled attorneys understand the difficult position you’re currently facing, and we can help you investigate your case and determine your rights. We can help you fight aggressively for the compensation that you deserve.
START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN!
FAQs about boating accident cases
What do I have to prove to win my boat accident case in Nevada?
To win your boating accident case in Nevada, you must prove that the accident occurred because of another person’s negligent, reckless, or intentional misconduct. Negligence means carelessness. The person responsible for the accident may be the operator of your boat, the operator of another boat, another person in the boat, or even someone who isn’t in a boat. You need to investigate your case to determine who is responsible for the accident.
To win a boat accident case in Nevada, you show how the person responsible for the accident breached their duty of safety. You must show that the breach of duty is the cause of the accident. Finally, you must prove what your damages are. Although it might seem daunting, an experienced attorney can gather the necessary information to make your case so you can focus on yourself and your journey forward. When you work diligently and purposefully, you can win the compensation you deserve for your boating accident.
What causes boating accidents?
Most boating accidents are preventable accidents caused by operator inexperience or inattention. Statistically, 84% of all boating fatalities occur on boats where the operator has not completed a boating safety education course. The primary causes of accidents include careless operation, inexperience, and operating at unsafe speeds. These common causes are also prevalent in local bodies of water like Lake Mead.
What should I do after a boating accident?
Being involved in a boating accident can be very frightening and confusing. Let us help you during this difficult time. The steps you take when the accident occurs will impact everything from your safety to your right to seek compensation for damages. It is important to try and follow these steps when you are involved in a boating accident.
- Distress call: Do not delay in calling for help. During this time of panic, many people forget to try and get help from the authorities. If possible, radio immediately for help or send a signal flare to notify authorities of distress.
- Assess drowning risk: Hopefully, everyone in the boats had life jackets on at the time of the crash. If not, try to make sure that everyone is safe from drowning. Getting flotation devices on an injured person may be a little difficult. If this is the case, try to ensure that actions are taken to keep them safe until help arrives. Remember that the seat cushion in the boat will float.
- Check for potential dangers around the boat: Look for leaking fuel and oil. Check for smoke or possible fire. Being on the water makes getting away from a potentially dangerous vehicle a little more complicated. Have flotation devices ready to abandon ship quickly if necessary.
- Get immediate medical attention: As soon as rescue efforts have been completed, seeking immediate medical care for any injuries you receive is important. It is important to have everything evaluated by a medical professional, even if you believe the injury is minor.
- Report the accident: As soon as you are physically stabilized, it is important to remember all the accident details. If you are able, write them down. If not, have someone record everything that you remember. Try to remember all the little details, including weather conditions and anything you may have seen or heard right before the accident. This will be very important later on when you are filing for compensation.
It is also very important for you to seek legal representation before speaking with the at-fault party’s insurance provider. Many insurance companies want to be very quick with a settlement offer to close the case. These quick settlements, however, often do not cover all the losses the injured party endured. Speaking with a skilled attorney will protect your rights as a victim.
How to prevent boating accidents
When operating a recreational vessel, steps can be taken to prevent a boating accident or to minimize the damage if an accident occurs:
- Always wear life jackets and dress for possible immersion
- Be aware that cold weather is more dangerous: there are fewer boaters and patrols to rescue those in distress, and the water is much colder
- Do not drink alcohol while on the water
- When in larger bodies of water, take advantage of available distress-alerting and position-indicating technologies
If you have regrettably been involved in a boating accident on the Las Vegas waterways, contact us for assistance. Alternatively, you can get your free evaluation here.
More boating accident resources
Compensation for Nevada boating accidents
If you’re unfortunately injured in a boating accident, you have the right to compensation for your financial and intangible losses. Here are some of the types of payment that you may deserve in your Nevada boating accident case:
- Emergency room care, diagnostic testing
- Ambulance transfer to the hospital
- The cost of a hospital stay
- Follow-up medical care including physical therapy and doctor’s visits
- Wheelchairs, crutches, braces
- Replacement funds if you’re unable to work
- The cost of travel to doctor appointments
- Mental anguish compensation including PTSD, flashbacks, guilt, and depression
- Anxiety, like if you’re too anxious to ride a boat again
- Changed lifestyle; for example, if your physical injuries prevent you from doing recreational activities that you used to do before
Every case is different. You must carefully examine all of the categories of damages that may be available in your case. With an experienced Las Vegas boating accident attorney, you can look at every category of damages to ensure you don’t miss available categories of compensation.
Contact our law office first!
Contact our boating accident lawyers in Las Vegas
If you’ve been in a boating accident in Nevada, you don’t have to fight alone. At Adam S. Kutner, Injury Attorneys, helping accident victims is our passion. We won’t stop fighting until you have a check in your hands. Don’t miss out on the financial compensation that you deserve. We work to help you identify all of the compensation that may be available to you. Then, we will take action on your behalf so you can focus on recovery.
When you work with our team of trained attorneys, you have the peace of mind of knowing you’re taking the right steps after a boating accident. We know this isn’t easy, and we empathize with your situation. We can help you with the legal process so that you can work toward healing as your case moves forward.
There’s no cost to speak with a skilled member of our team, and your call is confidential. Let us assess your case and determine what your claim might be worth. We can answer all of your questions so you can decide what steps to take for your case. We will fight for you with aggressive, determined legal representation if we represent you. Call us today.
Allow Adam S. Kutner, Injury Attorneys, to help you
We have the experience
With over 33 years practicing personal injury law in the Las Vegas area, Adam S. Kutner, Injury Attorneys have direct experience navigating the Nevada court system, helping win settlements quickly so you can focus on recovery and get back to your life.
No fees unless we win
This lets you focus more on your possible injuries without worrying about paying a retainer upfront. At Adam S. Kutner, Injury Attorneys, our personal injury lawyers are deeply committed to ensuring every boat accident victim gets the comprehensive legal representation they deserve.
Your boat accident case is our priority
Our skilled personal injury attorneys work diligently to build strong claims for compensation, including medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. We’ll be with you every step of the way so you don’t have to face this challenging experience alone.
Our team is the best in the Las Vegas Valley
As proud members of this community, we know that our clients are our neighbors, and when you are hurt in an accident, we make it our mission to ensure you are represented with care as though you are our family.
best law firm
best Customer Service
Building your case for compensation
When you work with our Las Vegas law office, we have a specialized process in place for successfully building your case for compensation. We take calculated steps to use the legal discovery system to your advantage to build strong evidence to show the other side why you deserve the compensation you are asking for. First, your injury lawyer works with you to gather all the facts surrounding the accident, including the initial police report. If possible, we may also investigate the actual scene of the accident. Next, we utilize our extensive network of specialists, including accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, vocational experts, and forensic specialists, to help us use the facts of your injury to prove what is asserted in your claim.
We file essential legal documents throughout your case, including the initial complaint, a summons, and motions if necessary. Our injury attorneys also work to diligently and accurately value your claim. Valuing your case is a crucial part of getting the full compensation you are owed, so we make sure to include all categories of damages possible, including economic and non-economic damages like pain and suffering. While building your case, we also negotiate with the other side in hopes of getting you a settlement before trial. However, we will take your case to trial if the other party doesn’t agree to compensate you fairly for your losses. It’s important not to delay contacting an experienced attorney to begin working on your case immediately. Let us help you in any way we can.
Nevada Boat Injury Testimonial
“Honestly this attorneys office is one of the best places I have gone to. They stay in touch with you and they are very communicated with their clients. They really make you feel important. Thank you!”
Adam S. Kutner is a top 100 trial lawyer with 33 years’ experience and expertise that will benefit you
Call us at (702) 382-0000 anytime to schedule a free consultation. We will work to get you the maximum settlement as quickly as possible so you can move forward on your healing journey.
START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN!
Home visits are available
Call now for details
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Adam S. Kutner
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
With more than 33 years of experience fighting for victims of personal injury in the Las Vegas Valley, attorney Adam S. Kutner knows his way around the Nevada court system and how to get clients their settlement promptly and trouble-free.