The Top Boat Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
If you’ve been in a boating accident on the waterways around Las Vegas, you need an experienced Las Vegas boat accident attorney on your side.
In 2006, there were approximately 300,000 boats registered in the state of Nevada. Nationwide, hundreds of people lose their lives every year in recreational boating collisions. In 2000, there were 10,984 water vessels involved in 7,740 recreational boating accidents resulting in 701 fatalities and 4,355 injuries.
If you’re hurt in a boating crash, you may have the right to financial compensation. But you must take action. Our attorneys can help you investigate your case and determine your rights. We can help you fight aggressively for the compensation that you deserve. Our Las Vegas boating accident lawyer team wants to help you get justice when you’re the victim of a boating accident.
Do I Need a Las Vegas Boating Accident Attorney After a Boating Accident?
To receive financial compensation after a boating accident, you have to bring a claim for compensation. You must be able to prove the cause of the accident using admissible evidence. It’s up to you to calculate and prove your damages.
When you’re suffering from the aftermath of a boating accident, it can be hard to bring a claim on your own. But with experienced legal representation, the legal process doesn’t have to be daunting. With an experienced attorney by your side, they can handle the complex legal proceedings on your behalf. They are your representative and your advocate at each step in the legal proceedings.
Why Choose the Boat Accident Lawyers at Adam S. Kutner & Associates?
The attorneys at Adam S. Kutner & Associates are trained, professional, aggressive legal advocates. They dedicate their lives and their legal practice to helping injured boat accident victims. With thousands of satisfied clients, their attorneys have the experience and determination to help you succeed.
We know how hard it is to be the victim of a boating accident. We know that great legal representation is more than just drafting legal documents and going to trial. It’s important for us to help you understand the proceedings and empower you to know that the legal system is working for you. We’re aggressive, assertive attorneys, but we’re also kind, understanding and responsive representatives for our clients. We’re your teammates and your advocates until you have a check-in your hands that represents fair payment for your boating accident injuries.
Compensation for Nevada Boating Accidents
If you’re hurt in a boating accident, you have the right to compensation for your financial and intangible losses. Here are some of the types of compensation that you may deserve in your Nevada boating accident case:
- Emergency room care, diagnostic testing
- Ambulance transfer to the hospital
- The cost of a hospital stay
- Follow-up medical care including physical therapy and doctor’s visits
- Wheelchairs, crutches, braces
- Replacement funds if you’re unable to work
- The cost of travel to doctor appointments
- Mental anguish compensation including PTSD, flashbacks, guilt, and depression
- Anxiety, like if you’re too anxious to ride a boat again
- Changed lifestyle; for example, if your physical injuries prevent you from doing recreational activities that you used to do before
- Emotional anguish
Every case is different. You must carefully examine all of the categories of damages that may be available in your case. With an experienced Las Vegas boating accident attorney, you can look at every category of damages to make sure that you don’t miss available categories of compensation.
Contact Our Law Office First!
Adam Kutner is a Top 100 Trial Lawyer with Experience and Expertise that Will Benefit You
Call us today at (702) 382-0000 anytime to schedule a free consultation. We will work to get you the maximum settlement as quickly as possible.
Adam S. Kutner, Esq.
Meesha Araich, Esq.
Bradley J. Myers, Esq.
FAQs About Boating Accident Cases
To win your boating accident case in Nevada, you must prove that the accident occurred because of the negligent, reckless, or intentional misconduct of another person. Negligence means carelessness. The person responsible for the accident may be the operator of your boat, the operator of another boat, another person in the boat or even a person who isn’t in a boat at all. You need to investigate your case to determine who is responsible for the accident.
To win a boat accident case in Nevada, you show how the person responsible for the accident breached their duty of safety. You must show that the breach of duty is the cause of the accident. Finally, you must prove what your damages are. Although it might seem daunting, an experienced attorney can gather the information that you need to make your case. When you work diligently and purposefully, you can successfully bring a claim to win the compensation that you deserve for your boating accident.
Most boating accidents are preventable accidents caused by operator inexperience or inattention. Statistically, 84 percent of all boating fatalities occur on boats where the operator has not completed a boating safety education course. The primary causes of accidents include careless operation, inexperience, and operating at unsafe speeds. These common causes are also prevalent on local bodies of water like Lake Mead.
Being involved in a boating accident can be very frightening and confusing. The steps that you take when the accident occurs will impact everything from your safety to your right to seek compensation for damages. It is important to try and follow these steps when you are involved in a boating accident.
- Distress Call. Do not delay in calling for help. During this time of panic, many people forget to try and get help from the authorities. If possible, radio immediately for help or send up a signal flare to notify authorities of distress.
- Assess Drowning Risk. Hopefully, everyone in the boats had life jackets on at the time of the crash. If not, try to make sure that everyone is safe from drowning. It may be a little difficult to get flotation devices on an injured person. If this is the case, try to make sure that actions are taken to keep them safe until help arrives. Remember that the seat cushion in the boat will float.
- Check For Potential Dangers Around The Boat. Look for leaking fuel and oil. Look for smoke or possible fire. Being on the water makes getting away from a potentially dangerous vehicle a little more difficult. Have flotation devices ready to abandon ship quickly if necessary.
- Get Immediate Medical Attention. As soon as rescue efforts have been completed, it is important to seek immediate medical care for any injuries that you received. It is important to have everything evaluated by a medical professional, even if you believe that the injury is minor.
- Report The Accident. As soon as you are physically stabilized, it is important to try and remember all the details relating to the accident. If you are able, write them down. If not, have someone record everything that you remember. Try to remember all the little details, including weather conditions and anything you may have seen or heard right before the accident. This will be very important later on when you are filing for compensation.
It is also very important for you to seek legal representation before speaking with the insurance provider of the at-fault party. Many insurance companies want to be very quick with a settlement offer so that they can close the case. These quick settlements, however, often do not cover all of the true losses that the injured party endured. Speaking with an attorney will protect your rights as a victim.
When operating a recreational vessel, steps can be taken to prevent a boating accident or to minimize the damage if an accident occurs:
- Always wear life jackets and dress for possible immersion.
- Be aware that cold weather is more dangerous: there are fewer boaters and patrols to rescue those in distress, and the water is much colder.
- Do not drink alcohol while on the water.
- When in larger bodies of water, take advantage of available distress-alerting and position-indicating technologies.
If you have been involved in a boating accident on the Las Vegas waterways, contact us for assistance. Alternatively, you can get your free evaluation here.
*Source: U.S. Coast Guard (2000) for all facts and figures
Contact Our Boating Accident Attorneys in Nevada
If you’ve been in a boating accident in Nevada, you don’t have to fight alone. At Adam S. Kutner & Associates, helping accident victims is our passion. We don’t stop fighting until you have a check-in your hands. Don’t miss out on the financial compensation that you deserve. We work to help you identify all of the compensation that may be available to you. Then, we take action on your behalf.
When you work with our team of trained attorneys, you have the peace of mind to know that you’re taking the right steps after a boating accident. We know that it isn’t easy. But we can help you with the legal process so that you can work towards your recovery as your case moves forward.
There’s no cost to speak with a member of our team, and your call is confidential. Let us assess your case and determine what your claim might be worth. We can answer all of your questions so that you can decide what steps to take for your case. If we represent you, we will fight for you with aggressive, determined legal representation. Call us today.
<!–DO NOT USE–!>
Adam Kutner Reviews & Testimonials
“The reason why I hired Adam Kutner is because I had got into a car accident. I had got into a car accident on 4th of July. I was on my way going home and I was waiting on a stoplight. And a car ran right into me on the side. I was very happy with the settlement and I was surprised I got it so quickly. Mr. Kutner office helped me got a rental car and got my car repaired. I used a VIP card. I love it, because I have traffic tickets and Adam Kutner are representing me freely. My experience in dealing with Adam Kutner is beautiful. I will advise – I will tell a lot of people to go to Adam Kutner because he is wonderful, and he is very handsome too.” – Ingrid Lambey. 5/5 Stars