Las Vegas Slip & Fall Attorneys
Over 40,000 Settlement Checks Deliver To Our Clients
The slip and fall lawyers in Las Vegas at Adam S. Kutner Accident & Injury Attorneys can help you win compensation if you’re hurt in a slip and fall accident. With 30 years of experience and thousands of satisfied clients, we’re prepared to meet any challenge for our clients. When you need the best slip and fall lawyers in Las Vegas, our personal injury law team is here to represent you.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve, and don’t let the insurance company or the responsible property owner give you the runaround. Work with the lawyers who have won millions of dollars for our clients. We can even represent you on a contingency basis with no fee unless you win your case.
Slip & Fall Settlements in Las Vegas
Adam Kutner has successfully won settlements in slips, trips and fall cases throughout his career. He has been licensed to practice law in the State of Nevada and the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada for 30 years. In that time, he has dedicated his efforts to providing excellent legal representation at every opportunity. When you need results, Adam and his legal team are here to help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Las Vegas slip and fall attorney Adam Kutner maintains memberships in the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, the American Inns of Court and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. He is also dedicated to contributing to the community by sponsoring scholarships and community events. Adam Kutner and his team of injury attorneys are the #1 Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers because they work to make the community better, whether it is working for the compensation you deserve or giving back to the community.
Adam S. Kutner Accident & Injury Attorneys specializes in fall down injuries and is ready to assist you.
Table Of Contents
- Why We Should Handle Your Slip and Fall Case
- What To Do After a Slip & Fall Accident
- What Is the Process of Filing a Slip and Fall Claim?
- How We Build Your Slip and Fall Case
- Don’t Settle with Insurance Companies
- Slip and Fall Categories
- Causes of Slip-and-Falls
- Types of Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall
- Additional Slip And Fall Resources and Information:
Why We Should Handle Your Slip and Fall Case
We should handle your slip and fall case because we’re determined to hold the property owners and the insurance companies accountable. Here are some of the reasons we should handle your case:
- A fully staffed team of lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants that all work together to manage your case.
- Communication on your terms, confidentiality and understanding representation.
- Dedication from our team to continuing legal education to stay up to date on all of the latest developments of the law.
- Aggressive legal representation; carefully crafting and employing a legal strategy that is calculated to maximize your compensation.
- Sound advice and explaining the legal system so that you fully know what is happening in your case at every stage.
- Kind lawyers who listen to your story and get to know you in order to provide the best possible representation.
- Comprehensive legal representation from your free consultation through to settlement.
- Representation on a contingency basis with no fee until you win
What To Do After a Slip & Fall Accident
What you do after a slip and fall accident is critically important to getting a good result in your fall case. There are several steps that you should take to get help and begin to preserve the evidence.
After a slip and fall accident, you should do these things:
- Seek medical attention – Getting medical care right after you’re injured in a slip and fall case serves multiple purposes. You’re establishing the severity of the accident and what your injuries are. You’re also building a timeline that links the accident to your injuries.
- Inspect the scene – A great deal of legal liability hinges on the scene of the accident and the dangerous condition that caused the accident. What you see at the scene can be telling of how the accident occurred. If you’re able, take a minute to explore the scene around you. Look for things that are out of place or that may have caused the dangerous condition.
- Take photographs – Even if your slip and fall lawyers revisit the scene later, you only have one chance to investigate the scene as it appears at the time of the accident. Take photographs of everything that you can to preserve a record of the accident scene.
- Identify witnesses – Witnesses can offer powerful evidence for your case. When it’s possible, collect names, addresses and contact information for witnesses.
- Make reports – When a slip and fall happens at a business, report the accident as soon as possible. The business should have a way for you to make a written report that the accident occurred. Ask for a copy of the report.
- Write things down – Don’t count on being able to remember information later on. Write down anything that you need to remember. Continue to update your records as you attend medical appointments and begin the compensation process.
- Contact your slip and fall lawyers in Las Vegas – The sooner you start working with us, the sooner we can guide you through what to do after a slip and fall accident. With our team’s help, we can maximize your recovery while minimizing hassles in the aftermath of a slip and fall accident.
Read More: What to Do After a Slip and Fall
What Is the Process of Filing a Slip and Fall Claim?
The process of filing a slip and fall claim begins with evaluating your case. You need to determine what your damages are in order to know what to ask for in compensation. Some of the types of injuries caused by a slip and fall that you may claim compensation for include:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Nerve damage
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Mental health injuries that accompany physical injuries
To begin your case, you file paperwork in court. When you work with our slip and fall attorneys, we draft the paperwork on your behalf. How you prepare your paperwork sets the stage for what you can claim in compensation. Once you file the claim, you wait for the other side to respond.
While you wait for further court proceedings, you continue to build the evidence. You have access to formal evidence gathering like depositions, interrogatories and subpoenas. Of course, when we represent you, our personal injury attorneys do all of this on your behalf. We also file and respond to court motions according to our legal strategy.
Most cases resolve by settlement. When we build a strong case for you, we’re also making a case for you to receive a fair payment without needing to go to trial. Ultimately, the choice of having a settlement or having your day in court is up to you. We give you the tools to make the best decision. Once your case is resolved, we make sure to collect your judgment on your behalf. It’s our goal to make the case process as smooth as possible.
How We Build Your Slip and Fall Case
Building a slip and fall case begins with an investigation of the case. Some of the grounds for a slip and fall case include:
- A spill on the floor
- Toxic chemicals
- Negligent maintenance; broken stairs, steps and railings
- Falling from an elevated surface
- Slick surfaces
- Objects in your path
- Poor lighting
- Inadequate security
Once we determine the cause of your slip and fall, we examine the property owner’s legal liability. We look at the ways to prove that you deserve compensation. Then, we carefully go about gathering the evidence.
Our legal team handles all communication with the other party, insurance companies and the court. If you need expert medical evidence to prove your injuries and damages, we arrange for the appropriate medical care and evaluations. With a carefully prepared legal strategy, we file and respond to court motions. We speak for you during court appearances, and we handle all communication with the insurance representatives and any other party.
Building a strong case doesn’t necessarily mean that your case will go to trial. In fact, by making a strong case, we put you in a great position to negotiate a fair settlement. Building a strong case means not only gathering the evidence but also working towards the best possible resolution on your behalf.
Don’t Settle with Insurance Companies
When you’re hurt in a slip and fall accident, the insurance company wants to resolve your case quickly. They might offer you a very small settlement hoping that you’ll sign the paperwork and end the matter. Don’t make the mistake of settling for much less than you deserve. If you accept a settlement from the insurance company, it may be challenging to reopen the case later on, even if you find out that your claim is worth much more later on.
A slip and fall injury case is worth the total value of your losses. Many victims don’t realize what the total value of their losses really is. Physical injuries are an important part of your claim. However, physical injuries go far beyond your emergency room bills. Long-term medical care needs, the inability to work and the physical suffering that you endure are all a part of your losses. Prescriptions, physical therapy and mental health injuries should all be included. The insurance company doesn’t want you to know what your case is worth. Our attorneys are dedicated to ensuring that you get the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
Slip and Fall Categories
There are four generalized categories under which fall down accidents are grouped:
- Trip-and-fall, where there is a foreign object in the walking path – like a stack of books in a walkway that is normally clear;
- Stump-and-fall, where there is an impediment in the walking surface – like a power cord that runs between two cubicles that weren’t there previously;
- Step-and-fall, where there is an unexpected failure or hole in the walking surface, such as a missing manhole cover or utility cover in the sidewalk;
- Slip-and-fall, in which the interface of the shoe and the floor fails – you slip and fall on someone’s wet or greasy floor and there are no warning signs posted anywhere.
Causes of Slip-and-Falls
Most slip and fall accidents occur in a business setting. These events fall under the category of premise liability because they are generally caused by the business or property owner not adequately maintaining the area where the event occurred.
- Damaged walkways, driveways, or paths leading to the business. This includes sidewalks that have shifted and potholes in any of these areas.
- Unmarked danger zones. This includes failing to post wet floor signs, notifying the public of uneven pavement or flooring, or other dangerous areas to walk in.
- Stairways that have not been properly maintained. This includes missing or broken handrails and failure to put slip-resistant coverings on the stairs.
- Inadequate of missing lighting in walk areas and stairwells.
- Failure to remove snow and ice and treat ground accordingly to prevent it from becoming slippery once the snow and ice are removed.
- Failure to keep walkways free from debris or clutter making it difficult to maneuver.
Types of Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall
Any time that your head is hit there is a potential for serious injury.
Any time that your head is hit there is a potential for serious injury.
Many people put their arms out when they fall to brace themselves. This can lead to serious injuries of the shoulder, elbow, and wrist.
An abrupt fall can cause a hard landing on your tailbone and shock your lower spine.
Many falls cause damage to this area because of how the body twists when it slips.
Additional Slip And Fall Resources and Information:
- Common Types of Injuries After a Slip & Fall
- 10 Facts & Statistics About Slip & Fall Accidents
- How Long Does a Slip & Fall Case Take?
- Store Liability for a Slip and Fall Accident
- How To Prevent a Slip & Fall Accident
- Wet Floor Sign Rules & Nevada Slip and Fall Cases
- What To Do If You Slip & Fall in a Parking Lot
- How Much Is My Slip & Fall Case Worth?
- How Comparative Negligence Affects Your Slip and Fall Case
- Slip and Fall Accidents Caused by Poor Lighting
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, it is very important to file an accident report with the business where the event occurred. If possible, you or anyone you are with should take pictures with their phone from the area where the accident took place. It is also important to write down everything that you can remember that lead up to the accident. All of this information will be very important when you file a claim for compensation for your injuries.
Adam Kutner Reviews & Testimonials
“My accident – it was – it was very just tragic because it was the only car that I had – I mean just – it came at a wrong time period of my life.
I was very happy with the settlement that I received through Adam Kutner.
They walked me through finding a doctor, they walked me up to the doctor’s office. We called and asked them will you be able to fix my back in way shape or form. And pretty much, yes, she did help me find a good doctor.
I would recommend Adam Kutner to my friends in family because I think he is a great guy. His team works very, very professionally. And their office – their focus is basically on you when you come in to the attorney, when you first walk in, when you first come in for a consultant, everything, everything falls right into place.”
– Deandre W. 5/5 Stars