Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
When you have been injured on the job, you need to speak to a workers’ compensation attorney. Speaking to an attorney about your injury and the events surrounding it will ensure that your rights as an injury victim are protected.
Your injury will change your life. There will be lost income and medical bills, doctor visits and therapies, and there will be many different expenses to be responsible for. This injury was not your fault. You should not have to suffer from these expenses, nor should you be caused any hardships. By contacting an attorney about your injury, you protect yourself from unfair treatment by the insurer and the employer.
Why Should We Handle Your Workers’ Compensation Case?
We Have the Experience
With over 28 years practicing personal injury law in the Las Vegas area, Adam S. Kutner & Associates have direct experience navigating the Nevada court system helping win settlements quickly so you can get back to your life.
No Fees Unless We Win
This way you can focus more on your case and sustained work injuries without worrying about paying a retainer upfront. At Adam S. Kutner & Associates, our worker’s compensation lawyers are deeply committed to making sure every work accident victim gets the comprehensive legal representation they deserve.
Your Workers’ Compensation Case Is Our Priority
Our accident attorneys work diligently to build strong claims for worker’s compensation, including medical bills, lost wages, loss of consortium and pain and suffering.
Our Team Is the Best in the Las Vegas Valley
As proud members of this community, we know that our clients are our neighbors, and when they are hurt in an accident, we make it our mission to ensure they are represented with care as though they are our family.
A Look at Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation insurance, or Workers’ Comp, is a type of no-fault insurance required by the State of Nevada to protect workers who are injured and their employers. Nevada requires that all businesses carry worker’s comp insurance even if it is a family owned business with only relatives as employees. The only exception to this rule is if a business is a sole proprietor and the sole proprietor is the only person who is employed by the company.
Workers’ comp coverage begins the moment that an employee starts work. There are no waiting periods for coverage and all employees are covered regardless of their classification as part-time or full-time workers. Under Nevada law, illegal immigrants are also protected under workers’ compensation even if they are receiving their pay illegally. However, illegal immigrants are not entitled to vocational rehabilitation programs through the insurance program.
Speak to One of Our Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
It is very important that you speak to a worker’s comp attorney as soon as possible after your injury occurs. All-too-often, workers’ comp adjustors are looking at their bottom line and not the health of the injured party. They have been known to deny treatments and force people back to work before they have made a full recovery. Hiring an attorney will protect your rights and ensure that you have a chance to recover from your injuries.
Adam Kutner works with a wide network of the best attorneys in Las Vegas in order to secure the best settlements for his clients. You can feel confident that your case is in good hands when you contact our offices.
Contact Our Law Office First!
Top 100 Trial Lawyer with Experience and Expertise
Call us today at (702) 382-0000 anytime to schedule a free consultation. We will work to get you the maximum settlement as quickly as possible.
FAQs & Resources About Workers Compensation Cases
If you have been injured on the job, there are specific steps that you must take to ensure that you remain eligible for worker’s compensation insurance protection. These steps include:
- Report the injury immediately. Any type of injury should be reported immediately and the proper paperwork should be filled out by you and the supervisor so that the aim process can begin.
- Get medical care. Regardless of the type of injury, make sure that you are examined by a medical professional. This ensures that your condition and injury are documented and any proper medical is provided. Do not delay in treatment.
- Document everything that you remember about the event. In the future, this information will be very relevant to your case. Write down everything you remember from witnesses to the event, the cause of the accident, the time and weather if relevant, and any information about your injury when it occurred and prior to medical treatment.
- Follow medical directions. It is very important for you to follow all medical care directions and make all medical appointments. Worker’s compensation adjustors will assume that you are no longer in need of medical are or that you do not want to make a full recovery from your injury if you do not follow medical care instructions.
- Light duty options. If your employer can provide you with light duty options for your job, you must make an effort to return to work. If you return and it is too physically demanding for your condition, speak with your attorney so they can immediately notify the worker’s comp adjustor. Failure to comply with light duty work if offered, however, can result in a termination of benefits. It is always in your best interest to at least try light duty.
Nevada law regarding worker’s compensation that worker’s compensation will pay 66 1/3 percent of your average monthly wage. These benefits are automatic when you are injured and your injury will keep you out of work for an extended period of time. There are no state minimums for wage reimbursement.
- What is Not Covered By Workers’ Compensation?
- Common Situations Where Someone Might Qualify for Workers’ Compensation
- The Difference Between Personal Injury & Workers’ Compensation
- 5 Reasons Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Was Denied
- Could Your Second Job Affect Your Nevada Workers’ Comp Benefits?
- Are Employers Responsible For Air Quality?
- Can I Get Workers’ Comp for Heat Stroke?
- Construction Site Accidents
- Do I Have to Pay Taxes on a Workers’ Comp Payout?
- How do Nevada or Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Laws Differ than those in Other Areas?
- How is Workers’ Compensation Calculated, and What is the Payout Structure?
- How to Document a Workers’ Comp Injury
Adam Kutner Reviews & Testimonials
“When we got into the accident it was April twenty-fifth we were on our way out to dinner, me and my family and my wife and my kid. A car actually hit us from the back coming off of the interstate and it was kinda a hard impact. We were very nervous and scared especially having a baby in the car. We immediately scheduled an appointment for the baby, she had headaches, she complained about her head hurting and we had back pains. We were pretty stiff. After we found Adam Kutner he immediately got us assistance with the chiropractor. His main focus was our pains and were we comfortable. After we finished our chiropractor sessions we immediately got contacted over the phone and told us what our offer was, told us what they were sending to the insurance and about no longer than a week later we got the settlement. I can honestly say without a doubt that Adam Kutner was the best lawyer in Vegas.”
– Iesha R. 5/5 Stars