What To Expect From Our Workers’ Compensation AttorneysHome »
From the moment that you meet with our Las Vegas workers’ compensation attorneys, you can expect outstanding service and the highest standards in legal representation. Here are some of the services that we may provide in your case:
- Ensuring that you report the injury as needed
- Referrals to medical evaluations and treatment; help getting additional opinions, if necessary
- Determination of the wages that you deserve, ensuring that you receive those wages
- Making sure that you receive medical care up to the maximum medical improvement for your condition
- Negotiating the best possible settlement for your case
- Taking the case to court and pursuing administrative appeals in order to get justice for you
- Pursuit of all of your legal rights – you have someone to fight back if you’re treated unfairly!
- Fighting back if the other side demands an invasive medical history or tries to make it difficult for you to pursue your claim
- Constant communication with you by our legal team throughout the case
- Respect for the attorney-client privilege and the sensitive nature of workers’ comp injuries
- Tireless work for you until your case is complete
It’s our goal to help you in the best way possible when you’re the victim of a workplace-related injury. We invite you to meet with us to talk about what’s involved and what you can expect when you work with our legal team.
Why Should We Handle Your Workers’ Compensation Case?
We Have the Experience
With over 30 years practicing personal injury law in the Las Vegas area, Adam S. Kutner, Injury Attorneys have direct experience navigating the Nevada court system helping win settlements quickly so you can get back to your life.
No Fees Unless We Win
This way you can focus more on your case and sustained work injuries without worrying about paying a retainer upfront. At Adam S. Kutner, Injury Attorneys, our workers’ compensation lawyers are deeply committed to making sure every work accident victim gets the comprehensive legal representation they deserve.
Your Workers’ Compensation Case Is Our Priority
Our accident attorneys work diligently to build strong claims for workers’ compensation, including medical bills, lost wages, loss of consortium and pain and suffering.
Our Team Is the Best in the Las Vegas Valley
As proud members of this community, we know that our clients are our neighbors, and when they are hurt in an accident, we make it our mission to ensure they are represented with care as though they are our family.
A Look at Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation insurance, or Workers’ Comp, is a type of no-fault insurance required by the State of Nevada to protect workers who are injured and their employers. Nevada requires that all businesses carry worker’s comp insurance even if it is a family owned business with only relatives as employees. The only exception to this rule is if a business is a sole proprietor and the sole proprietor is the only person who is employed by the company.
Workers’ comp coverage begins the moment that an employee starts work. There are no waiting periods for coverage and all employees are covered regardless of their classification as part-time or full-time workers. Under Nevada law, illegal immigrants are also protected under workers’ compensation even if they are receiving their pay illegally. However, illegal immigrants are not entitled to vocational rehabilitation programs through the insurance program.
Speak to One of Our Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
It is very important that you speak to a workers’ comp attorney as soon as possible after your injury occurs. All-too-often, workers’ comp adjustors are looking at their bottom line and not the health of the injured party. They have been known to deny treatments and force people back to work before they have made a full recovery. Hiring an attorney will protect your rights and ensure that you have a chance to recover from your injuries.
Adam Kutner works with a wide network of the best workers’ compensation attorneys in Las Vegas in order to secure the best settlements for his clients. You can feel confident that your case is in good hands when you contact our offices.
Contact Our Law Office First!
Top 100 Trial Lawyer with Experience and Expertise
Call us today at (702) 382-0000 anytime to schedule a free consultation. We will work to get you the maximum settlement as quickly as possible.
FAQs & Resources About Workers’ Compensation Cases
Workers’ compensation claims arise in many different ways. They can occur in a single incident, or they can develop over time. Here are some types of workers’ compensation injuries:
- Equipment accidents
- Being struck by an object
- Electric shock
- Chemical exposure
- Fires and burns
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis
- Injuries from a poorly designed workspace
- Accidents that occur from failing to train properly
- Lack of personal protective equipment
- Assault and battery in the workplace
- Back strains from heavy lifting or from sitting too long
Any kind of job can result in a workplace injury. Whether you work in construction or work in an office, you may get hurt at work. Fortunately, our worker compensation attorneys in Las Vegas can make sure that you get treated fairly in the workers’ compensation system and maximize your payment.
If you have been injured on the job, there are specific steps that you must take to ensure that you remain eligible for workers’ compensation insurance protection. These steps include:
- Report the injury immediately. Any type of injury should be reported immediately and the proper paperwork should be filled out by you and the supervisor so that the aim process can begin.
- Get medical care. Regardless of the type of injury, make sure that you are examined by a medical professional. This ensures that your condition and injury are documented and any proper medical is provided. Do not delay in treatment.
- Document everything that you remember about the event. In the future, this information will be very relevant to your case. Write down everything you remember from witnesses to the event, the cause of the accident, the time and weather if relevant, and any information about your injury when it occurred and prior to medical treatment.
- Follow medical directions. It is very important for you to follow all medical care directions and make all medical appointments. Workers’ compensation adjustors will assume that you are no longer in need of medical are or that you do not want to make a full recovery from your injury if you do not follow medical care instructions.
- Light duty options. If your employer can provide you with light duty options for your job, you must make an effort to return to work. If you return and it is too physically demanding for your condition, speak with your attorney so they can immediately notify the workers’ comp adjustor. Failure to comply with light duty work if offered, however, can result in a termination of benefits. It is always in your best interest to at least try light duty.
Get The Full Scope: How to Document a Workers’ Comp Injury
Nevada law regarding workers’ compensation that workers’ compensation will pay 66 1/3 percent of your average monthly wage. These benefits are automatic when you are injured and your injury will keep you out of work for an extended period of time. There are no state minimums for wage reimbursement.
To get the most out of a workers’ compensation claim, report the injury to your employer immediately. Seek medical care, and understand that it may be appropriate to get a second opinion. If the employer doesn’t immediately pay what you deserve under the law, you have the right to challenge their decision. It’s important to keep track of deadlines and always continue with your medical care in order to get the most out of a workers’ compensation claim.
Workers’ comp pays for your medical treatment in full until you reach the maximum medical improvement. It can also pay for vocational rehabilitation. You can receive payment for lost wages, and you may also qualify for an additional amount to compensate you for permanent disability. There is typically a complex calculation to determine your lost wages benefits. Workers’ comp should also pay for treatment and damages that occur in your employment accident case.
You can sue workers’ comp when you have reported an injury and the employer has not paid you fairly. There are rules for what an employer has to pay when someone makes a workers’ comp claim. If the employer doesn’t comply with the law, you can sue them to compel them to comply. Typically, you cannot bring a negligence lawsuit against your employer, but that kind of case may be available against any other party that might have contributed to the injury or illness.
Workers’ comp law requires qualifying employers to pay certain benefits to victims who are hurt at work. There is no requirement for the employer to be at fault. Employers must purchase workers’ compensation insurance, and they have a limited amount of time to approve or deny a claim.
Workers’ comp law for employees requires a worker to make a timely report of their injury or illness. If the report is late, the employee may be prohibited from receiving maximum benefits. Available benefits may include treatment costs and compensation for permanent and temporary disabilities. A disability may be completely disabling, or the victim may be able to continue to work in some capacity. Burial and death benefits may be available when a death occurs during the scope of employment.
Adam Kutner Reviews & Testimonials
“When we got into the accident it was April twenty-fifth we were on our way out to dinner, me and my family and my wife and my kid. A car actually hit us from the back coming off of the interstate and it was kinda a hard impact. We were very nervous and scared especially having a baby in the car. We immediately scheduled an appointment for the baby, she had headaches, she complained about her head hurting and we had back pains. We were pretty stiff. After we found Adam Kutner he immediately got us assistance with the chiropractor. His main focus was our pains and were we comfortable. After we finished our chiropractor sessions we immediately got contacted over the phone and told us what our offer was, told us what they were sending to the insurance and about no longer than a week later we got the settlement. I can honestly say without a doubt that Adam Kutner was the best lawyer in Vegas.”
– Iesha R. 5/5 Stars