Las Vegas’ #1 Bicycle Accident Attorney
Our Las Vegas bicycle accident attorneys can help you if you’re hurt in a bicycle accident in Las Vegas. When you’re injured in an accident while riding your bike, you may have serious injuries. You may not be able to work or ride your bicycle. Nevada is an at-fault state for bicycle accidents. As the injured victim, you may have the right to claim compensation for your injuries.
Bicycle injuries require an experienced lawyer. Although you have the right to seek compensation, you must take affirmative steps to exercise your rights. That means gathering the information and the evidence that you need and taking formal steps to claim financial recovery. If you’ve been injured in a bike accident, you need a personal injury lawyer to fight your bicycle injury case for you. Our attorneys have accomplished impressive results for their clients in these kinds of cases.
Do I Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Las Vegas?
When you’re hurt in a bicycle accident, it can be tempting to want to resolve the case as quickly as possible. You may even receive a settlement offer from the insurance company. Don’t make the mistake of accepting the settlement and closing the case before you speak to an experienced bicycle accident attorney in Las Vegas. There are a number of ways that legal representation can help you maximize the compensation that you receive in your case.
Your attorney helps you maximize the compensation in your case with all of the following on your behalf:
- Investigating your claim to determine your legal rights and the best legal strategy
- Exploration of the best way to pursue compensation; ex. through the driver’s insurance, your own insurance, or a claim against a third-party like a business or government entity.
- Valuation of your case
- Preparation of a demand letter
- All communications with the insurance company; negotiations with the insurance company
- Drafting legal documents
- Compliance with legal procedure
- Speaking on your behalf in court
- Filing pre-trial motions and defending against motions from the defense
- Examination of things that may complicate your case and ways to minimize those challenges
- Settlement negotiations
- Presentation of the case at trial
- Collection of judgment
As you can see, there are many steps that are necessary to ensure that you get fair compensation for your claim. From start to finish, your Las Vegas bicycle accident attorneys advocate for you. They handle everything on your behalf so that you have the legal advocacy that you need and deserve to get the best result for your bicycle accident claim.
Why Choose Adam S. Kutner & Associates?
When you’re looking for the right bicycle accident lawyers in Las Vegas, the attorneys at Adam S. Kutner & Associates stand apart. The team at Adam S. Kutner & Associates is dedicated to representing exclusively accident victims. They believe that every accident victim deserves outstanding legal representation. In addition to advocating for the individual interests of every client, we believe that our work makes society safer for everyone by holding wrongdoers accountable.
Our attorneys understand that suffering a bicycle injury can be a frustrating experience. You may be feeling lost and uncertain of how to begin. You need an immediate plan for your recovery and a long-term plan to get the recovery that you deserve. The team at Adam S. Kutner & Associates believes in aggressive legal representation and compassionate client communication.
To us, you’re so much more than your case. You’re an important, injured victim. You need financial compensation. It’s also essential that you understand the legal system and feel empowered by the process. As your attorneys, we represent you in every way to ensure that you find justice in the Nevada legal system.
Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Laws
Bicycle accident injuries are unfortunately all too common, especially in Las Vegas. The attorneys of the Law Offices of Adam S. Kutner know what you have been through. Our law firm has knowledge in all aspects of bicycle equipment, accident reconstruction, roadway design as it relates to bicyclists and these factors may be a crucial part of your case.
In most cases involving bicyclists and automobiles, the person driving the car is almost always at fault in the accident. There are other reasons for bicycle accidents to consider as well.
Those driving an automobile must always be careful of bicycle riders and motorcycles as well. A bicycle needs to be treated as another car on the road by the operator of the motor vehicle. An example of this would be if you are sharing the right lane with a bicyclist and you are planning a turn right at an intersection, you must yield to the bicyclist. You cannot drive in a designated bike lane unless you are pulling off of the road.
Laws change all the time and there are many traffic laws concerning bicycles and not knowing those laws does not provide protection to those who injure a bicyclist. As a bicyclist, you have rights. Call us today if you’ve been injured and find out how we can help you.
What Do I Need to Do to Win My Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawsuit?
To win your Las Vegas bicycle accident lawsuit, you must show that you’re hurt because of the negligence of a motor vehicle driver. You must prove that the driver didn’t drive carefully enough on the roads. While you may show that they violated a traffic law, you may also win your case by showing that the driver simply failed to use the care that an ordinary, reasonable person should use in a similar situation. To win your claim, you must also show what your injuries and other damages are both now and in the future.
Bicyclists have the right to use the road. The burden is on the vehicle driver to drive carefully and avoid causing injuries to bicyclists. Drivers must leave sufficient following distance. They may only overtake a bicyclist when it’s safe to do so. Proving your case may be as simple as showing how the driver’s behaviors caused the bicycle accident and your injuries.
What Can I Win in a Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Lawsuit?
In a Las Vegas bicycle accident lawsuit, you can recover the value of your financial losses plus compensation for your pain and suffering. Your financial losses include your medical bills both now and in the future. Even if your medical diagnosis is uncertain, your attorney can help you work with an expert doctor to determine your future expenses. The amount you can claim for physical pain and emotional anguish depends on the severity of your injuries. An experienced attorney can help you value your bicycle accident claim.
Sharing The Road
What Automobile Drivers and Bicyclists Should Know
- Cars and bicycles must obey the same traffic laws. Regardless of what type of vehicle you are operating, you must obey stop signs, traffic lights, and yield to pedestrians.
- Bicycles are required to have an operational headlight to use at night time just like all other vehicles. In addition, bicycles must have reflectors on the back of their bicycle so that cars will be able to identify a bike at night.
- Bicycles should never ride against the flow of traffic. Riding with the flow of traffic helps reduce the amount of accidents that occur.
- Motor vehicles and bicycles are required to have operating brake systems that are good enough to bring the vehicle to a complete stop within 25 feet of using the brake system.
- All passenger vehicles and bicycles may not transport more passengers than the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Bicycles must always use the bicycle lane when traveling on a road. If there is not a designated bicycle lane, the bicycle must remain on the far right of the road. The only exception to this rule is if there is something in the far right lane, such as construction, that could potentially harm the bicyclist.
- Drivers of a bicycle must use arm signals to turn and must implement this signal no less than 100 feet from the point in which they are going to turn just like a motor vehicle.
- Many local laws prohibit the use of earbuds or headphones while driving a bicycle.
Bicyclists and passenger vehicle drivers should make themselves aware of these rules of the road to help prevent bicycle accidents from occurring. Injuries sustained during a bicycle accident are often very traumatic, with head and spine injuries being the most common occurrences.
It is also very important for bicycle drivers to use a safety helmet when they are on the road. Helmets are a very good safety tool for reducing the impact on the head and help prevent traumatic brain injuries. However, helmets are not a guarantee that an injury will not occur.
If you have been in a bicycle accident, it is very important to seek medical attention, even if the injuries seem small. Brain injuries can occur for even the slightest bump to the head or jolt to the neck area. A quick medical response is necessary for the best treatment options for this type of injury.
Free Attorney Consultation with our Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you know has been involved in a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, please contact us for a free evaluation of your case. Our attorneys want you to receive the compensation that you deserve after a bicycle accident. We can evaluate your case, develop the best course of action, and work to advance your claim until you receive the compensation that you deserve.
There are time limits to file your claim. Filing your claim by the deadline is critical. Don’t let the other party try to delay your claim or pressure you to miss the deadline. You must meet the deadline, or your chance to claim compensation is lost forever.
The team at Adam S. Kutner & Associates offers comprehensive representation to bicycle accident victims. Our team can represent you through all aspects of your claim until you have a check in your hands. We measure our success by every satisfied client that gets the results that they deserve.
Don’t wait any longer to contact our bicycle accident attorneys. We’re standing by to show you what you can recover for your bicycle accident and help you take all of the necessary steps to receive justice. Call our bicycle accident attorneys today.