Las Vegas’ #1 Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle injuries require an experienced lawyer. If you’ve been injured in a bike accident in the Las Vegas Area, let a personal injury lawyer from Adam S. Kutner’s firm fight your bicycle injury case for you. Our attorneys have accomplished impressive results for their clients in these kinds of cases.
Las Vegas Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accident injuries are unfortunately all too common, especially in Las Vegas. The attorneys of the Law Offices of Adam S. Kutner know what you have been through. Our law firm has knowledge in all aspects of bicycle equipment, accident reconstruction, roadway design as it relates to bicyclists and these factors may be a crucial part of your case.
In most cases involving bicyclists and automobiles, the person driving the car is almost always at fault in the accident. There are other reasons for bicycle accidents to consider as well.
Those driving an automobile must always must be careful of bicycle riders and motorcycles as well. A bicycle needs to be treated as another car on the road by the operator of the motor vehicle. An example of this would be if you are sharing the right lane with a bicyclist and you are planning a turn right at an intersection, you must yield to the bicyclist. You cannot drive in a designated bike lane unless you are pulling off of the road.
Laws change all the time and there are many traffic laws concerning bicycles and not knowing those laws does not provide protection to those who injure a bicyclist. As a bicyclist, you have rights. Call us today if you’ve been injured and find out how we can help you.
Sharing The Road
What Automobile Drivers and Bicyclists Should Know
- Cars and bicycles must obey the same traffic laws. Regardless of what type of vehicle you are operating, you must obey stop signs, traffic lights, and yield to pedestrians.
- Bicycles are required to have an operational headlight to use at night time just like all other vehicles. In addition, bicycles must have reflectors on the back of their bicycle so that cars will be able to identify a bike at night.
- Bicycles should never ride against the flow of traffic. Riding with the flow of traffic helps reduce the amount of accidents that occur.
- Motor vehicles and bicycles are required to have operating brake systems that are good enough to bring the vehicle to a complete stop within 25 feet of using the brake system.
- All passenger vehicles and bicycles may not transport more passengers than the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Bicycles must always use the bicycle lane when traveling on a road. If there is not a designated bicycle lane, the bicycle must remain on the far right of the road. The only exception to this rule is if there is something in the far right lane, such as construction, that could potentially harm the bicyclist.
- Drivers of a bicycle must use arm signals to turn and must implement this signal no less than 100 feet from the point in which they are going to turn just like a motor vehicle.
- Many local laws prohibit the use of earbuds or headphones while driving a bicycle.
Bicyclists and passenger vehicle drivers should make themselves aware of these rules of the road to help prevent bicycle accidents from occurring. Injuries sustained during a bicycle accident are often very traumatic, with head and spine injuries being the most common occurrences.
It is also very important for bicycle drivers to use a safety helmet when they are on the road. Helmets are a very good safety tool for reducing the impact on the head and help prevent traumatic brain injuries. However, helmets are not a guarantee that an inury will not occur.
If you have been in a bicycle accident, it is very important to seek medical attention, even if the injuries seem small. Brain injuries can occur for even the slightest bump to the head or jolt to the neck area. A quick medical response is necessary for the best treatment options for this type of injury.
Free Attorney Consultation
If you or someone you know has been involved in a bicycle accident in Las Vegas, please contact us for a free evaluation of your case.